As we begin a new year it is a wonderful opportunity to reflect on the past 12 months and celebrate our successes and consider what improvements we would like to make as we plan for a positive and successful 2011.
It has been a full and exciting year for me and here are some of my learnings.
- Every day we choose our attitudes and therefore our outcomes so make a choice to make every day the best it possibly can be (even when we are feeling challenged).
- Be clear on what’s important to you. Know what your priorities are and what’s most important in your life so you can plan activities and have time to do the things that matter most.
- Take time out for planning and reflection. When I got busy and didn’t make time to do my planning or reflection, I became busier and found myself getting off track. Reflection time allows us to stay on track and maintain a balance.
- Keep your life in balance. I find this works best when I regularly have time to stop and reflect and look at areas of my life that I have been neglecting and set goals to change that.
- Remember to have fun – sometimes when life gets so hectic we need to schedule in time for fun activities, it reduces stress and allows us to remember what life is really all about.
- Be grateful – every day I affirm what I am grateful for in my life and it really does bring things into perspective and allows me to appreciate who I am and what I have in my life.
Take time out to plan and set goals for what is most important in your life and make this year a wonderful and meaningful one!